All March long you can enjoy as many noodle entrees that your heart desires! Why you ask? Because it is National Noodle Month! This food holiday is making all our cuisine dreams come true. What better way to kick off this yummy, food holiday than with our own Cold Sesame Noodles recipe that we use at Langosta Lounge. This fan favorite recipe not only has delicious ingredients but is easy to make too! This recipes serves four people.
- Kosher Salt
- 4 cups chopped fresh crunchy raw vegetables: snow peas, bell peppers, cucumbers, scallions, shaved Brussel sprouts, julienne carrots, edamame
- 12 ounces fresh Chinese egg noodles or linguine – can also use buckwheat noodles
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup tahini,
- ¼ cup peanut butter (can sub almond butter)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Mae Ploy sweet Chile sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Hot sesame oil or Srirachi sauce to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce chopped cilantro
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it.
- Julienne the vegetables and put aside.
- Cook the noodles in the boiling water until tender but not mushy. When they’re done, rinse in cold water, then toss with a little sesame oil.